Saturday, November 23, 2019

INTERLUDE: Brief Comments About Our Current Culture


I haven’t submitted a post for a few months.  I haven’t been to the theatres to watch any new movies.  I’d rather be outside when the weather is nice.  As far as politics, with 18 Democrats and a couple of token Republicans trying to unseat President Trump (not to mention impeachment inquiries), what is going to happen in the 2020 election remains a mystery. 

Yesterday was the 56th anniversary of the assassination of John F. Kennedy.  My younger sister sent out a quote from our fallen leader that today seems apt: 

Too often, we enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought.

I can’t better that quote.  I’ll be back hopefully in December, providing a list of my ten favorite movies from 2010 – 2019.   

Until then, I wish for everyone to have a good Thanksgiving holiday.  I hope everyone is grateful for something.

November 23, 2019



© Robert S. Miller 2019

No comments:

Post a Comment